The 2013 National Science Foundation Workshop on Cyberinfrastructure for Polar Sciences, hosted by the Polar Geospatial Center at the University of Minnesota, completed on September 12, 2013. For questions regarding this workshop, please contact Jonathan Pundsack.
Below you will find the final report, plenary talks (downloadable as a PDF document), and recorded video presentation for online viewing.
All presentations, materials, videos, and images are copyright of their respective owners.
The final report is available as a PDF.
Day 1 Presentations
Click link to view in browser or right-click “Save link as…” to save to your computer.
- Dan Katz, National Science Foundation: Cyberinfrastructure at NSF/ACI
- Marco Tedesco, National Science Foundation: The Polar Cyberinfrastructure Program at the National Science Foundation
- Molly McCammon, Alaska Ocean Observing System: Ocean and Sea Ice (AOOS)
- Don Perovich, CRREL: Ocean and Sea Ice (CRREL)
- Chris Mattmann, NASA JPL: Land Use Polar Infrastructure Drivers: JPL Airborne Snow Observatory as Use Case
- Mark Fahnestock, University of Alaska Fairbanks: Overview of Land Ice
- Paul Houser, George Mason University: Water/Energy Cycle
- Jorge Vinals, Minnesota Supercomputing Institute: A Few Thoughts on Big Data
- Paul Morin, Polar Geospatial Center: Cyberinfrastructure, GIS, and Remote Sensing
- Craig Tweedie, UTEP: The Role of Flagship Observatories in the Advancement of Polar CI
- Rob Fatland, Microsoft Research: Cloud Computing
- Christopher Hiemstra, CRREL: Simulation/Modeling
- Mark Parsons, Rensselaer Polytechnic: Infrastructure, Curation, and Metadata
- Suzanne Carbotte, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory: Metadata and Data Curation
- Kerstin Lehnert, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory: Databases and Data Infrastructure
Day 1 VIDEO STREAMS
- Morning Session: Part I (1:44:04)
- Morning Session: Part II (1:20:58)
- Afternoon Session: Part I (54:23)
- Afternoon Session: Part II (47:06)
DAY 2 VIDEO STREAMS
- Morning Session: Part I (37:51)
- Morning Session: Part II (1:01:46)
- Afternoon Session: Part I (1:24:23)
- Afternoon Session: Part II (1:09:27)
The video streams will play directly in your browser using the Adobe Connect Meeting platform (Flash must be enabled). If you have trouble streaming the video, please contact the University of Minnesota OIT Help Desk.