|Job Title||Geospatial Developer|
|Empl Group||Acad Prof and Admin|
- Advanced degree with 1 or more years of research training in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Remote Sensing, or a related science
- Experience in Python or a related programming language
- Familiarity with Linux command line systems
- Experience with geospatial software and analysis
- Command of GIS/Remote Sensing fundamentals and concepts
- 2+ years of experience in geospatial programming
- Experience interacting with HPC systems
- Experience using the GDAL/OGR and Arcpy libraries
- Experience with testing frameworks
About the Job
The Polar Geospatial Center at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities is seeking a geospatial developer to join the Product Development team. The applicant will be responsible for building and maintaining imagery processing workflows, coordinating data production, and managing High Performance Computing (HPC) resources and projects. The applicant is expected to develop new tools for image processing and analysis as well as update and maintain legacy projects. Knowledge of GIS and Remote Sensing concepts is required.
The successful candidate must be able to multi-task and work on a variety of GIS/Remote Sensing and coding projects both independently and in collaboration with others. The applicant should possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to learn quickly. At the Polar Geospatial Center, work is fast-paced and constantly evolving, so the applicant must have good organizational and communication skills.
About the Department
The PGC provides geospatial support, mapping, and GIS/remote sensing solutions to researchers and logistics teams in the polar science community. We collaborate with scientists to complete their research goals in a safe, timely, and efficient manner by providing a service which most groups do not have the resources or expertise to complete. Our goal is to introduce new, state-of-the-art techniques from the geospatial field to effectively solve problems in the least mapped places on Earth.
The PGC lies within the N.H. Winchell School of Earth Science in the College of Science & Engineering.
We are located on the University of Minnesota Saint Paul campus.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online through the University of Minnesota. Please follow the instructions provided on the site.
Current University of Minnesota employees, use this link instead.